Friday, March 25, 2011

I am so happy with the articles that have already been written in the local papers, feeling the support of the surrounding community is great! I have done a lot of work in the last few days and I have found some wonderful events that I am glad to support. I definitely take to heart the saying 'if you don't ask, the answer is always no'. So just keep out there and working on it!

So, I am on the second half of my spring break and I am currently in Arizona for a long weekend to visit. I originally went to the University of Arizona through UNH in a program called the National Student Exchange... if you haven't heard of it- check it out. It is so cool because you get to explore another university or college. You can go for one semester or two, and you can even go two spring semesters like I did to escape the cold of the Northeast. It's so worth it.

The University of Arizona is one of the most wheelchair accessible campuses in the United States. Like most of Arizona, it is a flat campus and push buttons on every door. Also, they have a entirely accessible gym that anyone with a disability can use in comfort. There is even wheelchair sports such as tennis, rugby, track, basketball, etc. They are recognized varsity teams for Arizona. Personally, I played wheelchair tennis and it was an awesome experience.

So, I will talk later but for now- I am going to sip my tea, throw on a bikini and sit by the pool surrounded by cacti.

No comments:

Post a Comment